Executive Producer KKFN/KEPN
Posted on 2019-02-15
By KOSI, KYGO, KKFN, KEPN Bonneville
Greenwood Village, CO
Americas best sports city and biggest sports talk radio stations is looking for an Executive Producer to help produce entertaining and compelling programming that that informs, engages, and entertains sports fans on broadcast, digital, and social platforms for 104.3 The Fan (KKFN) and ESPN 1600 Denver (KEPN). This position will act as a regular voice, helping to steer the producers and hosts through the topics of the day. The Executive Producer will be responsible for assisting the Program Director with a variety of tasks including teaching and coaching, sales deliverables, and creative station strategy.
- Work with the Program Director to listen to and improve existing shows
- Work with emerging talents to build strengths and shows that are on-brand and compelling
- Work with Program Director to develop station strategy and share and brainstorm ideas, which could bring about programming continuity.
- Understand and implement best practices for ratings
- Coach, develop, and direct KKFN/KEPN Producers and board operators to help maximize their contribution to our platforms.
- Recognize, conceptualize, and develop unique angles within daily sports stories
- Help frame, develop, and manage host(s) ideas and opinions, often steering on air content.
- Find, record, edit and mix audio on deadline
- Cultivate and maintain a wide range of contacts for compelling guests
- Update and engage audience on social media platforms daily
- Liaison with marketing, sales, and imaging departments to insure all sales deliverables are met.
- Work with PD to schedule fill-in talent, producers and board ops for all shows on 104.3 The Fan and ESPN Denver 1600.
- Work with STO and PD to schedule play-by-play events and resolve play-by-play conflicts by coordinating with traffic department and interfacing with our partners and ESPN.
- Work with STO and PD to create and maintain a master schedule for the station that includes events, play-by-play, vacations, holidays etc.
- Locate and identify new talent from Denver or other markets
- Oversee and/or assist promotions projects and events
- Attend promotions, sales, digital and other meetings as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to build audience by connecting on a personal level with listeners/users and generating loyalty.
- Able to work independently at times, but take coaching and direction from management.
- Proficiency with computer software programs and social media platforms
- Wide range of sports and entertainment resources and contacts.
- Ability to run a radio board, even while hosting
- Understanding of sound production
- Experience finding and booking guests
- Well organized and highly attentive to detail
- Proven ability to handle stress and multi-task
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Familiar with laws on libel and slander and familiar with FCC Rules and Regulations
- Work in compliance with company policies, procedures, and brand
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to consistently work hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, evenings, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, clients proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
- 3-5 years radio producer experience or equivalent
- Experience using Adobe Audition
- Able to set up ISDN, Comrex, etc. and help direct technical aspects of the show
- Digital video production and social media platform skills
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer