BROADCAST TECHNICAL ASSISTANT, KANW
Posted on 2019-02-14
By KANW Albuquerque Public Schools
KANW in Albuquerque is looking for a qualified Technical Asst to serve as On-Air Announcer, console operator for production and broadcast, support fundraising campaigns, broadcast from remote locations, produce promos. Compile and submit music reporting information quarterly, maintain fixed asset inventory, assist in the music store and work evenings and weekends when scheduled.
- Serve as audio consol operator for broadcast and production
- Serve as on-air announcer
- Maintain public inspection file.
- Enter Data into payroll process into APS system.
- Inventory equipment, replacement parts and music store products.
- Broadcast from remote locations including the New Mexico State Fair, fiestas and other events.
- Maintain the KANW remote van and equipment.
- Compile and submit Sound Exchange report on quarterly basis.
- Support fundraising activities, included pledge drives, station events and support materials pertaining to fundraising.
- Create and Support social media. Produce daily and weekly program promos.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to work on-call evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of Federal Communications Commission Rules and Regulations and community emergency operation procedures.
- Knowledge of communications law.
- Ability to develop station programming which will be supported by the community.
- Ability to review and interpret station research and rating data.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Experience with the operation of broadcast radio equipment.
- Experience with RF transmitter control and power calculations; digital production and digital editing; analog and digital broadcast studio equipment; and remote broadcast and remote transmitter set-up.
- Three years of experience in the operation of broadcast studio and production equipment and air sound.
- Effective “on-the-air” communication and high level reading skills.
- Valid NM Drivers License
- An audition tape mp3 will be required at time of interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply to www.aps.edu. District Support Application. A cover letter and resume must be submitted prior to 4:00 PM on the closing date of the advertisement for the application to be considered complete.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer