BYU Sports Talk Host
Posted on 2019-02-13
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
KSL Radio is looking for an articulate, passionate, entertaining host for Cougar Sports Saturday. Our ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of the local college sports landscape, be particularly knowledgeable about BYU sports, have experience in audio production, and an ability to plan and execute a compelling, fun and engaging show in concert with another host and the show producer. This role may also include other special programming assignments.
- Collaborate and help plan Saturday sports talk programming. Host several hours of talk programming each Saturday, as scheduled around preemptions by BYU sports during football and basketball season.
- Perform basic engineering operations relative to game day broadcasts, and facilitate communication between studio, guests, and/or engineering.
- Demonstrate the highest knowledge and insight of BYU sports, major and local athletics generally.
- Connect with BYU fan base and KSL listeners with passion, creativity, and personality appeal.
- Meet "on-call" requirements -- consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Produce content that meets the highest journalistic standards of accuracy, fairness, balance, sensitivity, timeliness, and is interesting, relatable, and compelling.
- Maintain professional relationships, off the air and in broadcast content, with BYU Athletics Department, BYU Athletics Media Relations Department, KSL Sports Department, KSL newsroom, and company managers.
- Act in a professional and courteous way. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor at all events.
- Actively help keep KSL on the competitive edge by contributing creative ideas on show development, format execution, etc. and effectively implement constructive feedback.
- Uphold Deseret Management Corp mission and KSL Brand Promise to listeners while on-air and during personal appearances.
- Develop and maintain professional journalistic capabilities in order to make full use of the tools and opportunities provided by the station and to expand personal contribution to the company.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in journalism, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years journalism (reporting and/or producing) experience or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of Utah college sports and a passion for sports media
- Highly familiar with multiple medial platforms including, but not limited to, "heritage" media as well as all types of current and emerging social and digital media.
- Self-starter, willing to accept responsibility and work under minimal supervision. Ability to use own initiative and show innovation in problem-solving.
- Capable of handling many production details and making decisions with a limited amount of supervision.
- Proven ability to work rapidly under deadline pressure.
- Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, odd shifts, overtime, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain a valid drivers license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks.
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disabilityPWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Override URL: https://deseretmanagement.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BonSaltLake/job/SLC-Triad-Center/BYU-Sports-Talk-Host_R1441-1
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer