AlphaMedia, Staff Engineer
Posted on 2019-02-05
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Alpha Media - Alaska is seeking an experienced Staff Engineer for our radio facilities in Anchorage and Wasilla. Reporting to the Market Manager will be responsible for the maintenance of equipment, maintaining broadcast systems and technologies, build out projects, and ensure FCC compliance. The successful candidate will be familiar with radio related technologies including, but not limited to, networking and IT, PC/software maintenance and repair, AM and FM transmitter repair and installation, VHF and UHF radio technology, digital and analog audio, EAS equipment and studio equipment maintenance.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether its on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 207 radio stations within 45 markets across the United States covering all formats. We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Maintain and repair all technical and electronic equipment at the studios and transmitter sites with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Install, monitor and perform maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antenna systems, meters, control systems, and remote equipment, including accurate record keeping.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair local computer infrastructure to include local area network, on-air automation system, and office workstation
- Assist with, as necessary, the technical needs at remote broadcasts and live performances.
- Interact with management and staff at all levels in a personable, professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Market Manager.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in computer based broadcast automation.
- Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing and distribution of analog, digital and audio-over-IP protocols, EAS, satellite receivers, studio telephones and broadcast IT systems.
- Proficiency in basic electronics theory and principles including Ohms law and the ability to read schematics.
- Ability to use test equipment, i.e. Multi-meters, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and field strength meters in troubleshooting.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities including troubleshooting down to the component level when practical.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL, VoIP and PRI circuits.
- Knowledge of building systems, HVAC, electrical, UPS, and standby generators.
- Possess IT skills including PC/server troubleshooting and repair as well as knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and local area networking.
- Proven ability to communicate technical information and interact easily with all levels of staff.
- Current SBE membership.
- Able to be on-call after hours for emergencies or routine maintenance as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Experience with NexGen Automation for Radio.
- Experience with Directional AM Systems.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and cellular.
- SBE, Microsoft, and CompTIA Certifications.
- Associates or Technical Degree in Broadcast Engineering Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity go to www.alphamediausa.com/careers and submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer