Arizona Sports Fill-In Producer/Update Anchor
Posted on 2019-02-05
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 14 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
This is an on-call position responsible for anchoring live sports updates and acting as an assistant producer. This position also requires an entertaining on-air presence, the ability to creatively prepare and write stories, book interviews, edit audio files and sporadically report on sporting events.
- Work in tandem with on-air talk host(s) in producing compelling talk show programming and provide guidance and feedback to enhance his/her on-air presentation.
- Evaluate current news or sports events each day and offer suggestions on how those events might be presented on the air in a way that is compelling to all listeners.
- Research possible interview topics and guests by careful study of developing news through printed media (magazines, newspapers, books, the Internet, etc.) and by phone and/or personal contact with community and national organizations. Assist in guest booking.
- Working knowledge of current local/national news and/or sports events to be able to add to radio segments.
- Working knowledge of pop culture. Assist with keeping the show updated on the latest trends in pop culture.
- Share and brainstorm ideas which could bring about programming continuity. Work cooperatively with other producer(s) and with other stations, for news ideas. Fill in for other producer(s) as necessary.
- Contribute show information to all social media platforms.
- Edit podcast hours and assist with audio distribution on all digital platforms
- Anchor live sports updates.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: booking guests, broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in a professional broadcast journalism environment.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Write and report sports news on-air in a clear, concise and accurate manner and on deadline.
- Enterprise sports news sources for original sports news content for air and for the webite.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Excellent digital audio editing skills.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge.
- Strong desire to work at the states largest and most respected radio station.
- Multi-tasking pro.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer