KTVA-TV, Sales Admin Assistant
Posted on 2019-02-05
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
The Sales Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support to the sales team, traffic scheduling data entry, and front desk reception. Supplies Denali Media Sales with updated rate cards, posters, and collateral or specialty items. Assist the Director of Sales in events and sponsorship projects when needed.
- Data Input
- Sales order input
- Sales copy input
- Programming / Traffic data input
- Rate card maintenance and data input
- One Domain data maintenance
- Sales server / cloud storage maintenance
- Administrative Functions
- General office filing and record keeping experience
- Coordinating information, maintaining broadcast logs
- Attend all scheduled department meetings, training sessions and other company meetings as required.
- Front desk reception (as needed) and phone call answering and routing.
- Operational Activities
- Responsible to maintain and distribute all collateral and specialty items to statewide offices.
- Client billing recon and mailing.
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Participates in developing and executing statewide sales goals including creating and managing recaps for Denali Media sales employees and management.
- Collaborate with the development, writing and printing of client communication projects such as collateral, rate cards, channel lineups, customer letters/notifications, print ads, web ads, and all other customer literature.
- Support planning and implementing of all events and sponsorship projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Working knowledge of general office / customer service experience with a professional demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, vendors, and customers.
- Knowledgeable of television operations experience preferred.
- Motivated self-starter, ability to work independently under time constraints in an environment with changing priorities, goals and daily deadlines
- Ability to work and interact productively with clients and co-workers and follow all guidelines, rules and regulations as outlined in the company policy and procedures manual and any department policy and procedure manual.
- Demonstrated proficiency with (Windows); Microsoft Office™ software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher). Industry software includes One Domain, Wide Orbit (broadcast) and Eclipse (cable) platforms, to name a few; must adapt to new software and products as they evolve into workflow.
- Knowledge of Adobe software (Photoshop and InDesign) preferred.
- Attention to detail; data input experience preferred.
- Basic record keeping, and organization skills required able to use 10-key proficiently.
- Ability to remain flexible within a every changing market.
Physical Requirements: Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range, and color. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a climate-controlled office environment from a desk or workstation. Data input on computers, heavy telephone usage interaction with customers and other employees. May have occasional overtime and must be available to work 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Position is fast-paced and subject to rapidly changing priorities, multiple deadlines and some stressful customer interactions.
The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you will be requested to provide emergency after hours contact numbers, to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those services.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a business administrative/data entry support role required. Experience working in a television industry highly desirable.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Administrative, office management or, college course work desirable. Bachelor’s degree in public relations; advertising or marketing preferred.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.
- Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a satisfactory driving record.
HOW TO APPLY:
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.
Please apply at: http://www.gci.com/about/careers Job #19000075
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer