Bonneville International Associate General Counsel
Posted on 2019-02-04
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION REPORTS TO: SVP Business Affairs & General Counsel
The Associate General Counsel provides hands-on counsel to all levels of executive staff and will be involved in managing the operations of the legal department. The individual will identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations to top management, and assure legal compliance. The Associate General Counsel will also manage several legal specializations within Bonneville, including FCC compliance, employment law, litigation, IP, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the General Counsel and under his direction, serve as legal counsel to Bonneville.
- Review the development of Bonnevilles product/contest offerings and initiatives to assess legal compliance and provide practical advice.
- Draft and negotiate all types of agreements, including employment agreements, service provider agreements, technology agreements, and licenses.
- Review and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local government regulations applicable to Bonneville, including FCC, EEOC, FTC and FEC compliance.
- Support and build positive relationships with Bonnevilles leadership team and advise multiple levels of management on legal issues.
- Develop and deliver materials and trainings to various internal groups, including engineering, programming, promotions, and sales.
- May assist other attorneys with complex legal issues and may review the work of other attorneys as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Requires a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and admittance to a state bar.
- 5+ years of progressive legal experience.
- Specific experience in either intellectual property law, employment law or FCC regulatory law preferred.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disabilityPWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer