Digital Content Producer
Posted on 2019-01-31
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION SUMMARY: The digital content producer is responsible for writing and reporting breaking and developing stories for kslnewsradio.com, as well as ongoing kslnewsradio.com news and opinion articles from on-air content. Must have strong writing skills, excellent news judgment and be self-motivated.
- The digital content producer has a strong background in AP style as well as ethical journalism and the ability to write in the style of our talk show hosts.
- The digital content producer will be able to multitask in a high stress, tight deadline environment.
- The digital content producer will work with show producers and fellow digital content employees to integrate content across all platforms: from on-air to web to podcast, social media and beyond.
- The digital content producer will cross-train to manage social networking and live video streams as well as create, edit and post video clips as needed to other platforms.
- The digital content producer will be willing to learn new skills as required by changing and new technologies.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years experience in a newsroom, especially with video, audio or web writing background, is preferred.
- 4-year degree in journalism, communications or related field.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Highly familiar with the benefits and shortcomings of all types of media including, but not limited to "heritage" media as well as all types of current and emerging social and digital media.
- A high level of proficiency with computers, software and new technologies.
- Ability to work with moderate supervision, confidential information and be a self-starter.
- Capable and willing to resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments.
- Maintain a valid drivers license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disabilityPWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer