Creative Services Producer
Posted on 2019-01-31
By WOWK/WBOY/WVNS/WTRF Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc.
The Creative Services Producer is responsible for producing advertising and promotional content for station clients for on the air, and on the web and internal use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve compelling video for commercial and internet use.
- Uses light kits as needed in field and in the studio.
- Sets up cameras and related equipment.
- Connects with clients and co-worked to schedule video shoots and edits.
- Writes creatively to produce effective scripts for client’s commercials and station promotional elements.
- Brainstorms with manager and account executives to come up with script ideas.
- Ability to take co-workers or a client’s ideas and information and translate into a script.
- Effectively directs clients and on-camera talent in the field during commercial shoots and promotional electronic field production.
- Tests, cleans and maintains camera equipment.
- Produces graphics for commercials.
- Creates visually appealing and commercially effective advertising for clients and station promotional announcements.
- Checks equipment and resources for proper working order and requests repairs and maintenance when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and skills -
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with office equipment. Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Etc.)
- Experience with other broadcast-related equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Physical Demands & Work Environment -
The Creative Services Producer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, and make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions or outdoors during extreme hot/cold weather. In addition, the Creative Services Producer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions. Must be able to life, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work.
HOW TO APPLY:
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to: www.nexstar.tv to access all career opportunities for WOWK-TV and Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.
WOWK-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer