Master Control Operator
Posted on 2019-01-30
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Lear more at www.nexstar.tv.
The Master Control Operator is a full-time position which requires early morning, evening, overnight, and weekend hours as well as holidays. The ideal candidate will have one-year experience in the broadcast industry and/or experience in information technology. Training maybe considered for a candidate with less experience who possesses strong computer and technology skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Completes station sweeps, closed captioning verification, discrepancy reporting, and other paperwork and reports as required by department management.
- Maintains programming logs as required by station management.
- Records/downloads video content to the servers, qualify checks and segments it prior to air.
- Processes traffic logs and appends them to playlist and paperless log program.
- Operates Master Control software and equipment as directed.
- Reports technical issues and equipment failure to Engineering promptly and troubleshoots issues where possible.
- Ensures the station’s compliance with Emergency Alert System and other FCC requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent, Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum three years’ experience with IT or digital electronics systems, or in a television broadcast master control environment preferred.
- Proficiency with computers, servers, electronic content delivery, transmitters and other-broadcast-related equipment.
- Provable history of strong crisis management skills and of success working in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, as well as working independently both alone and in a team setting.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Master Control Operator must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Master Control Operator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com/jobs/search
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer