KSL TV Producer
Posted on 2019-01-28
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Who We Are:
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5 in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Produce interesting, relevant newscasts that meet the highest journalistic standards of accuracy, fairness, balance, sensitivity, and timeliness. The producer will assume primary responsibility for assigned newscast(s), including evaluating stories, organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast, and overseeing writing, production, and timing of broadcast. (NOTE: Management reserves the right to assign producer responsibilities on a regular and/or rotating basis depending upon the producers proven capabilities and the companys present and future needs. A producer may be assigned to produce any newscast.)
- College degree in journalism, a related field, or equivalent.
- Three years successful experience as producer or associate producer in a broadcasting environment or equivalent.
- Able to write, produce and edit material for a newscast that appeals to targeted audiences. A writing audition may be required.
- Able to be creative, aggressive and energetic, reflecting maximum quality and professionalism to build audience share with excellent judgement.
- Capable of meeting strict deadlines and handling stress.
- Organize, delegate and motivate other people across different departments, including graphics and production in order to coordinate news activities from conceptualization to successful execution.
- Have proven record of dependability and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Consistently works hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, overnight, evenings, overtime, etc.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Prefer someone familiar with the ENPS and AVID Computer System and with the ability to utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
- Prefer experience in an organization similar to KSLs and knowledge of community organizations and resources.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hand, and/or fingers.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disabilityPWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer