KSL Radio Associate Producer (PT)
Posted on 2019-01-21
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Who we are: Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and/or operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Sacramento along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
POSITION PURPOSE: Produce a show or shows that discuss the issues of the day, relatable and compelling news, and matters important to family and community. Schedule M-F 11:00 am - 1:30 pm. Management will assign responsibilities on a regular and/or rotating basis depending upon need and proven capabilities and the need to provide expertise for the future.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present on-air talk topics and interviews that are compelling, informative, and interesting and adhere to stations format philosophy and the KSL brand
- Contribute creative ideas on show development, topics, and guests, format execution and station promotion
- Strategically use digital elements to enhance audience experience and increase audience engagement
- Regularly post to shows social media accounts using varied and creative content
- Participate in stations digital marketing efforts and stay on top of trending digital developments
- Maintain a professional and helpful attitude toward other staff members at all times
- Able to work under deadline and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Develop and maintain professional and technical capabilities in order to make full use of the tools and opportunities provided by the station and to expand personal contribution to the company
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- College degree in communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant field OR two years of relevant experience
- Ability to produce talk show topics and support execution that is professional, timely, and compelling
- Knowledgeable and articulate in dealing with current affairs and the news of the day
- Creative in use of sound, production elements, and show ideas to build more interesting presentation
- Enthusiasm for commercial talk radio
- Ability to research and implement new social media practices a significant plus, specifically experience ewith Facebook and Twitter ads and analytics
- Ability to understand and execute format philosophy and work with a team of other professionals in creating a distinctive sound
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to handle stress
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer