Posted on 2019-01-17
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. Were proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Bonneville Salt Lake is looking for a dynamic, passionate, and entertaining sports host to work across our digital and radio platforms. Our ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of the Utah sports landscape and an ability to plan and execute a compelling, fun and engaging show. This role may also occasionally include other special programming assignments involving video and/or TV.
- Collaborate and help plan sports programming and content across Bonneville Salt Lake digital and radio platforms
- Host variety of sports-related content across Bonneville Salt Lake platforms
- Deliver memorable sports content in an engaging and authentic manner
- Develop, write and deliver dynamic and compelling stories relating to the local and national sports scene
- Demonstrate high knowledge and insight of local sports and major athletics generally
- Connect with local fan base and Bonneville Salt Lake audience with passion, creativity, and personality appeal
- Produce content that meets the highest journalistic standards of accuracy, fairness, balance, sensitivity, timeliness, and is interesting, relatable, and compelling
- Act in a professional and courteous way. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor at all events.
- Actively help keep Bonneville Salt Lake on the competitive edge by contributing creative ideas on show development, format execution, etc. and effectively implement constructive feed-back.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in journalism, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years journalism (reporting and/or producing) experience or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of Utah sports market and a passion for sports media
- Highly familiar with multiple media platforms including, but not limited to "heritage" media as well as all types of current and emerging social and digital media.
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, willing to accept responsibility and work under minimal supervision. Ability to use own initiative and show innovation in problem-solving.
- Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, odd shifts, overtime, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain a valid drivers license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer