Posted on 2019-01-17
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
WDSU has an opening for a high energy, highly skilled meteorologist. We are looking for a meteorologist who knows the science, but can tell a relatable weather story. Our next meteorologist will be an accurate forecaster, keep our viewers and employees safe, convey appropriate tone, summarize complicated information, and stay cool under pressure
Get our viewers ready with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
Will provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
Will be able to simultaneously provide content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms.
Will utilize all the technology and tools available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
Will be deployed in the field during weather events
Summarize fact and clearly communicate content for broadcast
· Previous on-air experience required.
· In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
· Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
· Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
· Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
· Proficient in using WSI and Baron graphics and technology
Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to tell a compelling weather story
Ability to use common television weather systems.
Radar experience preferred
Ability to do live field reporting on weather and other topics.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology or related field
CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
Military training and experience will be considered
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer