KTVA-TV, Account Executive
Posted on 2019-01-15
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
The Account Executive will prospect, develop and close sales of Denali Media advertising products and services to new and existing business customers either directly or through their advertising agency through a consultative, needs analysis process. Encourage customer retention through sales related account maintenance.
Essential Duties of the Account Executive:
- Sales calls including prospecting and customer schedules
- Preparation and customer prospecting
- Operation activities, trouble shooting
- Attend meetings
- Encourage customer growth through regular prospecting, selling new and additional advertising platforms to current and new customers, and disciplined follow-up activities.
- Responsible for general product knowledge for all products offered by Denali Media Holdings, LLC as well as for developing and maintaining their product knowledge in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Lines include broadcast and cable TV advertising sales, news sponsorships, and event packages. In addition to television products, incumbent is also responsible for sales of all Denali Media digital products, including Web and mobile platforms.
- Accurately represent the company and perform quality presentations of its products and services both in writing and orally.
- Responsible for accurate price quotes within company guidelines and collections of all past due accounts.
- Attend, in a timely fashion, all scheduled sales meetings, training sessions and other company meetings.
- Work with daily deadlines and performance metrics.
- Follow all guidelines, rules, and regulations as outlined in the company policies and procedures manual and the sales department policies and procedures manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of competitive platforms and entities within the market place is required.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of television and digital advertising, preferably in Alaska markets
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and delivering professional verbal and written presentations required.
- Motivated self-starter, professional in habits and appearance capable of performing with minimal supervision.
- Must be technically astute, highly organized and have a reputation for meeting deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and listening skills are essential
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to close a sale
- Ability to develop and manage customer databases
- Demonstrated ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment and resourcefulness to adapt to specific situations and select among varied courses of action.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to utilize Windows based computer software including Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and understand industry specific software including One Domain, Wide Orbit and Eclipse and to adapt to new software and products as they evolve into the workflow.
- Ability to learn, understand and articulate audience measurement for television and digital campaigns / proposals, using reporting tools and methodology from Nielsen Media, ComScore, and Google Analytics.
- Understanding of iPad functionality.
Office & Field Position: Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Hearing, vision, depth perception, and hand-to-eye coordination sufficient to perform job duties.
Working Conditions: Duties performed in an office environment. While not in the field, desk position could involve data input on computers, heavy telephone usage interaction with customers and other employees. Must be available to work a typical work week 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and may have additional hours to meet deadlines and/or customer needs.
Some possible travel involved. The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. As such, you will be requested to provide emergency after hours contact numbers, to include your home and cell phone numbers if you have those services.
- Minimum of three (3) years of sales experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding individual sales goals, with one year experience in television and news media advertising sales preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field preferred.
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.
- Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must have reliable transportation and must maintain and possess a valid driver’s license; proof of insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
HOW TO APPLY:
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.
Please apply at: http://www.gci.com/about/careers Job #19000027