Posted on 2019-01-03
By Local 22 and Local 44 Nexstar Media Group
MyChamplainValley is looking for a Broadcast/IT engineer to operate, maintain, update and repair hardware and systems used for broadcasting and business operations.
The Broadcast Engineer must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Broadcast Engineer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
- Minimum three years experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
- Strong PC/MS Office experience.
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems.
- Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment.
- Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems.
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record. Must undergo and successfully pass an annual DOT medical examination.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Job Req #:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer