Local Sales Manager
Posted on 2018-12-20
By KAZX-FM KCQL-AM KDAG-FM KKFG-FM KTRA-FM iHeartMedia
iHeart Media in Farmington is looking for a qualified Local Sales Manager to achieve and exceed targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations. Directs sales processes to generate revenues. Sets sales goals for direct reports and guides their subsequent goal setting processes. Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts. May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists. Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals. May go on sales calls and meet with key accounts. Oversees the management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales. Recruits, ensures ongoing organization development and training and development of direct reports.
- Manages local Account Executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
- Oversees advertising sales activities in assigned market; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
- Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds team accountable against business metrics.
- Translates market and station business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue.
- Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Sets sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes.
- Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
- Oversees management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales.
- Meets with key accounts.
- Recruits, hires and ensures ongoing training and development of Account Executives.
- Goes on sales calls and conducts in-field coaching to develop Account Executives.
- May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
- May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations.
- Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Can create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Adept as entrepreneurial self-starter
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
- Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills
- Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
- 3+ years’ experience as an Account Executive or Sales Manager in media industry with proven track record of success
- 4-year college degree preferred
- None required
HOW TO APPLY:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer