Digital Program Director-NH and Worcester, MA
Posted on 2018-11-30
By WHEB-FM WERZ-FM WQSO-FM WTBU-FM WPKX-FM WGIR-FM WGIR-AM iHeartMedia New Hampshire
The Digital Program Director will lead the digital operations, content, and social media strategy of all iHeartMedia radio stations in Portsmouth and Manchester, NH, as well as Worcester, MA. The right person is full of topical and timely content ideas, has experience with creating and scaling digital content and is an excellent leader. You will collaborate with the broadcast Program Directors to ensure that content enhances the brand position of each radio station. You will take an active role with the sales leadership team to develop and, through your team, execute digital endorsement campaigns on behalf of clients. Successful candidate can ideate, prioritize and has a passion to achieve audience and revenue goals.
On Air/Production skills a plus but not necessary
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with Programming, Marketing and Promotions to create and program brand-appropriate content to drive digital audience and user engagement.
- Working closely with Integrated Sales to find on-brand ways to monetize our digital audiences.
- Working with on air talent and related staff to expand their show digitally and socially.
- Finding innovative ways to use our digital properties to grow terrestrial ratings.
- Working with Program Directors to strategize the most effective use of on-air inventory to grow digital audience.
- Working with IHeartMedia Digital to ensure that local sites are in line with national digital priorities. This includes finding new ways to evolve the symbiotic relationship of using national assets to grow local audience and vice/versa.
- Owning digital marketing: marketing our stations through our own sites, ultimately overseeing social media programs and, where available, working with marketing director/PDs to place online advertising buys.
- Developing and execution of social media strategy and enforcement of policies.
- Along with PDs and Marketing Director, develop and maintain a long-term editorial and promotional calendar for each stations site.
- Analysis of metrics and diagnostics to shape strategy.
- Identifying content partnerships that could be beneficial to the brands and working through the right channels to pursue appropriate avenues.
- Experience working in content creation.
- Experience working in radio programming and/or marketing a plus.
- Strong management and people skills.
- Must be an idea factory, always coming up with new ways to keep content fresh.
- Strong knowledge of pop culture and current events.
- Must be highly organized.
- The ability to work quickly and shift gears on a dime to capitalize on traffic opportunities.
- Must a self-starter who excels at working independently.
- Experience working with social media for a business or brand.
- Adobe SiteCatalyst experience a plus.
- Healthy addiction to the Internet a must.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer