Posted on 2018-11-13
By KRKS AM, KRKS FM, KNUS AM, KDMT AM, KBJD AM Salem Media of Colorado, Inc
The Chief Engineer – Denver (DOE) will be responsible for the proper operation of all broadcast related technology, which includes a high level of preventive maintenance at all related site locations.
The general responsibilities include maintaining the daily technical operations of our facilities, including towers, transmitters, on-air studio operations, automation systems, and all other broadcast-related operating systems. This role also works to maintain existing broadcasting capabilities and to provide quick solutions to technical problems. The position ensures that all broadcast related equipment is operating and maintained in accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices. The CE ensures that all licensed operations are maintained in compliance with FCC Rules & Regulations.
Certifications and experience required include the following:
• SBE certification, FCC General Class license or equivalency required; any IT certification a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years of radio broadcast engineering.
• Extensive knowledge of AM directional arrays.
• Knowledge of high power FM transmission systems, Internet audio delivery systems, IP streaming, studio operations, STL, remote control, I/P based audio distribution & routing
systems (AXIA preferred).
• Good working knowledge of computer-based digital audio systems (NexGen preferred).
• Ability to work with varied working groups with varied priorities.
Work involves physical activity such as handling objects up to 50 pounds and standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks such as high voltage equipment, radio frequency energy, and chemicals used in cleaning electronic components. Candidate should be able to demonstrate his/her ability to safely limit their exposure to such hazards.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website at www.salemmedia.com, click on careers, search for Denver job postings and apply online.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer