Local Sales Manager
Posted on 2018-11-08
By WWLP-TV NexStar
WWLP-22News, an NBC affiliate, has a Local Sales Manager position available. The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms. The Local Sales Manager also provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams, as well as develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local new business and digital revenue.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Drives new business development
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages Accounts Receivable
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise
help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore is preferred
PRIOR EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Bachelors degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Minimum three-five years of media sales experience with excellent communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLY ONLINE: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
TELEPHONE: no calls please.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer