DJ On Air
Posted on 2018-10-16
By Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
Baton Rouge, LA
Creates, produces and announces topics on the radio, including music, entertainment, politics, news, weather, sports, traffic and other topics of interest.
- Delivers newscasts; announces radio playlist of musical selections; gives weather and traffic conditions; delivers sport scores, statistics and upcoming game information.
- Comments on music and other matters of interest to audience (e.g. time, weather, traffic conditions) and may interview musical personalities and members of listening audience.
- Typically specializes in one type of music (e.g. classical, pop, rock, country and western, etc.).
- Writes, reviews and/or edits news copy, introductions, public service announcements, commercials, pre-recorded reports, contests, etc.
- Participates in promotional events.
- May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming.
- May directly sell advertising space to advertisers.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Protects station`s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.).
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
- Ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking
- May require selling skills
- May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
Work Experience: 1-2 years’ experience as an announcer in smaller market or college station environment
Education: 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
Certifications: None required
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click here to apply for this job.