Posted on 2018-09-07
By WXLO, WWFX, WORC Cumulus Media
Cumulus Media Worcester is hiring exceptional Sales people! We offer a unique career opportunity: One where you are given a challenging mission, world-class tools to help you succeed, and the chance to realize your full potential as a Sales professional. Cumulus Worcester targets thousands of local companies with a highly tuned business-category focus and introduces these companies to Cumulus’ large demographically-distinct audiences via the POWER OF RADIO. Cumulus stations in the area include: WXLO 104.5, The Pike 100, and 98.9 NASH Icon. We hire passionate, driven, resourceful, organized, customer-focused problem solvers who have great communication skills and the ability to cultivate client relationships.
About Cumulus Media
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its approximately 447 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,000 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMY’s, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nations leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· 1-5 years of experience developing new business relationships in an outside sales role, as a recognized top-performer
· Track record of achievement and always striving to be the best in everything they do
· Strong understanding of lead generation and ability to connect with viable prospects
· Comprehension of sales metrics to fill a sales funnel and robust pipeline of residual business
· Effective communicator and the ability to cultivate relationships
· Positive attitude with the willingness to get beyond their comfort zone to grow professionally
· Undeterred by the daily obstacles and challenges facing outside B to B sales
· High energy and passion for the job
· Media Sales background preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Radio and Broadcasting, Communications, Journalism, English or closely related field and (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of at least (4) years combined relevant training and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer