Digital Media Manager
Posted on 2018-07-16
By KHON Nexstar Media
KHON2, the FOX and CW affiliate in Honolulu, is looking for a Digital Media Manager (DMM). The DMM directly oversees the daily operations of the stations digital advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize digital revenue. The DMM also assists in hiring, training and developing Account Executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations of the station’s digital advertising business
- Develop and execute sales strategies which result in exceeding digital revenue targets on both the stations core website as well as all digital products from Nexstar Digital
- Collaborate with Integrated Digital Specialist (IDS) to create multi-platform advertising solutions for local and national clients
- Collaborate with IDS to develop and conduct educational forums and/or seminars for clients
- Collaborate with IDS to develop and conduct consistent training for sales team
- Be an effective educator and ambassador both internally and externally on the benefits of digital marketing for clients
- Manage inventory and revenue forecasting
- Assist in budget preparation and weekly forecasting
- Assist in hiring, training and developing Account Executives
- Calls on accounts with Account Executives and is an effective closer
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- Education: BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising, or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in media sales, preferably in the digital field
- Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who is able to work effectively both independently and collaborating in a team environment
- Knowledgeable with prevailing digital technologies such as Google Analytics, ad tagging, Flash, SEM/SEO, social media, behavioral and contextual targeting
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating a sales team, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge and skills
- Ability to interact with high-level decision makers
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and a skillful multi-tasker
HOW TO APPLY:
KHON2 is a Nexstar Media Group station. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and offer competitive salaries and wages, and a standard benefit package that includes a 401K plan and medical and dental plans.
To apply for this position, please visit the Work for Us page on our website at www.khon2.com or go to https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com/jobs/2165/manager-iii%2c-digital-media/job.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer