Multimedia Production Assistant
Posted on 2018-06-11
By WHNT-TV Nexstar Media
WHNT-TV, CBS in Huntsville, Alabama, is always recruiting for part-time Multimedia Production Assistants to join our team. This position frequently comes available as part-timers are routinely promoted within our organization. This is an entry level position and is a great opportunity for someone looking to get a foot in the door and break into the exciting broadcast and digital media industry.
- Video Editing: Non-linear video editing for on-air and online. Must have a clear understanding of video editing fundamentals (sequencing, jump cuts, audio/visual linkage, etc) and legal issues associated with videojournalism. Prefer candidates who are proficient on Final Cut Pro.
- Running Audio: Consistently runs audio for the newscasts, with great attention to detail, in order to have newscasts with little to no quality control issues. This includes thorough microphone checks 20 minutes before the newscast, as well as changing the batteries in the wireless microphones before these checks are done.
- Studio Camera/Teleprompter Operation: Run studio camera and/or Teleprompter for live newscasts. Experience with robotic camera systems a plus.
- Web Posting: Post video and text content to station’s website, updating station’s Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- A college degree in Television Production, Communications or related-degree is preferred but not required
- Experience and/or willingness to learn how to operate the following equipment and computer programs: Final Cut Pro, Wheatstone Audio Board, Vinten Robotic cameras, VizRT graphics and/or other similar equipment and systems
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including early morning, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer