Alpha Media, On-Air Personality
Posted on 2018-04-11
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Alpha Media – Anchorage is seeking a talented On-Air Talent. The ideal candidate is an on-air personality with at least one year of experience who is capable of wearing many hats on the programming team, is able to assist with the promotions department, and has a passion for radio. The right person understands the interaction between the talent, clients, and audience at live remotes, appearances, station events, and on-air are a vital part of the station’s ratings and success.
Alpha Media is one of the fastest growing companies in media today. We have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon Alpha Media operates 228 radio stations within 49 markets across the United States covering all formats. We are live and local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include:
• Engage with listeners via phone calls, contests, and social media.
• Broadcast live from remote locations and events.
• Operate control console.
• Conduct on-air interviews.
• Maintain traffic logs and transmitter readings.
• Work with Promotions and Sales departments on creative content.
Requirements of this position include the following:
• A minimum of one year on-air experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Experience in all Microsoft Office programs.
• Proficient in use of audio editing software and broadcast equipment.
• Must be a team player and work well with management and staff at all levels.
• Ability to successfully execute station events and remotes.
• Able to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
• Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
• Excellent problem solving and prioritizing skills.
• Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
• Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production
• Be a positive member of a tight-knit team.
• Must be creative and innovative with a strong work ethic.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured personal vehicle.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the
• Prior broadcast industry experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo in YouTube and provide the link. If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by going to www.alphamediausa.com/careers and clicking the Apply button.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer