Posted on 2018-03-27
By WHAM-TV Sinclair Broadcast Group
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHAM-TV is seeking an experienced Business Manager to perform Accounting duties, with the support of an Assistant Business Manager, in accordance with company policies and procedures. Accounting duties include assisting with the management of financial reporting and general accounting functions of the station and ensuring that all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, company regulations and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger, fixed assets, financial statements, etc.
- Preparation of month end journal entries, financial statements, forecast, reports, variance analysis, etc.
- Reviews balance sheet, profit, loss statements, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position of organization for managers.
- Coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Interaction with other organizational managers in preparing budgets, forecasts and financial information.
- Prepares and reviews payroll process.
- Lead and oversee the work of the Assistant Business Manager.
- Assists in other daily projects as assigned by the Regional Controller.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and self- motivated.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of payroll, internal control procedures and general ledger.
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills.
- Proficient in Excel. Experience with Oracle Cloud preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the broadcast industry a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer