Posted on 2018-03-26
By WHNT-TV Nexstar Media
WHNT, a Tribune Broadcasting station, has an opening for a Receptionist in our Huntsville location.
The Receptionist role is a multi-purpose position that is both public-facing as well as supportive of several internal departments. This position involves a high volume of interpersonal interaction and multitasking. This person is positive, proactive and capable of maintaining a calm, solution-oriented, customer-first disposition at all times while transitioning quickly from one task to another.
- Reconcile Traffic and Program logs. In a polite, concise and timely manner, keep Master Control, Traffic and supervisors apprised of any issues that arise in the process of reconciliation
- Assign Co-Op and digital elements in Wide Orbit for all orders
- Pull and review various logs and reports as needed by station management
- Answer phones during regular station hours. Route incoming calls needing additional resources, retrieve and route overnight voicemail. Maintain a log of calls
- When needed, welcome scheduled visitors and be prepared to meet and assist unscheduled guests, including daily deliveries. Maintain messaging as needed on the lobby monitor. Maintain a log of visitors
- Provide general office support including copying, mailing and sorting, maintain employee phone lists, supply ordering and stocking, routine office equipment maintenance, etc.
- Assist with the new hire onboarding process by maintaining temporary and permanent employee badges
- Administer prize delivery when guests arrive to claim contest prizes, assure the proper documentation is filled out and delivered to the appropriate department
- Assist with internal station events including ordering of food, setting up and cleanup when required; maintain canteen cleanliness and restock daily coffee, cups, creamers, napkins, etc.
- Act as point of contact with canteen food vendor for trouble-shooting on any issues that arise with their service
- Act as back-up support for all departments and administrative functions including scheduling news personal appearances, tours of station, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 years customer service experience required
- Experience with multiple line phone system required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, email, social media platforms, mobile apps and web; as well as ability to learn station-specific software
- Positive, proactive personality
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to attain notary public seal
WHNT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer