Posted on 2018-03-19
By WMAS-FM, WHLL-AM Cumulus Media
Cumulus Media is searching for an experienced Business Manager in our Springfield market. Applicant must have strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. A/R, A/P, Payroll, Human Resources, Financial Statement, and Administrative Management experience required. Strong accounting skills and budget preparation/analysis needed.
Responsible for managing all financial and human resource related functions of the market by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the preparation of information needed for the monthly financial close and submission of information to the Corporate office by stated deadlines
- Responsible for completing all monthly reports as requested by the corporate office as well as providing additional information to the corporate office as requested
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of the annual budget
- Responsible for the day-to-day vendor relationship management, obtaining approvals for all vendor invoices, general ledger coding, and processing functions related to Accounts Payable
- Responsible for submitting all expense accruals
- Responsible for the management, training, and supervision of the Traffic Department staff, Receptionist, and any other general back office staff
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to the various components of the Company’s internal accounting controls and policies, including but not limited to; revenue recognition, cash control, credit and collections, and employee compensation
- Responsible for daily cash deposit management and reporting, using the Company’s centralized lockbox banking system and web-based reporting tool.
- Processing credit card payments
- Responsible for the protection against property losses and potential liabilities
- Providing information to comply with Sales & Use Tax reporting per corporate instruction
- Monitor and administer trade accounting functions.
- Preparation of all commissions related to billing and collections for both the national rep firm and the local sales staff
- Maintenance of files related to leases and contracts for the market
- Oversee the weekly and monthly billing functions along with the end-of-month Accounts Receivable close. Also responsible for Accounts Receivable maintenance and credit & collections analysis
- Responsible for preparation and submission of payroll for processing
- Responsible for administration and control of employee records
- Assisting market employees with the administration of the Company’s employee benefit plans, including but not limited to 401(k), medical insurance, and dental insurance
- Responds to employee complaints and keeps documentation on all issues that are potentially litigious. Communicates issues and concerns to the corporate HR/Legal department
- Maintenance of the EEO program, FCC related reports and hiring procedures. Oversee or act as EEO Administrator for the market
- Responsible for posting of all HR related required notices at station location and working with market to insure that station websites are updated with required notices
- Assist department heads in new employee orientation. Reviews all new hire packages for completeness and appropriate signatures
- Assist Market Manager and other department heads with station and/or personnel issues
- All other duties as deemed necessary by corporate or local market management
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to work accurately in meeting deadlines. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Understanding and use of standard office equipment (i.e., copier and fax machine). Able to work some evening and weekend hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at: http://www.cumulus.com/careers
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer