Digital Sports Writer/Producer
Posted on 2018-03-19
By WBZ-FM, WKLB-FM, WROR-FM, WBOS-FM, WBQT-FM Beasley Media Group
Boston’s Home for Sports, 98.5 The Sports Hub is seeking a full-time digital sports writer/producer for our brand new website, 985thesportshub.com. This is an off-air editorial position that reports directly to the Digital Content Manager.
Responsibilities include working within the Sports Hub digital team as well as with the programming team to produce compelling multimedia content for the station’s website, app, and social media channels.
A digital sports writer/producer will also recognize and produce compelling audio and video content, as well as written content for the Sports Hub’s digital consumers.
Must work well in a collaborative environment, as well as possess excellent communication and leadership skills.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
· The ideal candidate has a deep encyclopedic knowledge of Boston-area sports teams, unwavering news judgment, a strong news writing and copy editing background.
· Must possess proficiencies in Photoshop, shooting video, and editing both audio and video.
· Prior experience in writing and content creation in a newspaper, radio, online, or television newsroom is preferred.
· At least 2-3 years of experience is a must.
· Experience in the Wordpress environment is a plus.
· Candidates must be detail oriented and work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
· Must be a creative self-starter, able to work independently, eager to learn, and take initiative.
Ideal candidates will have schedule flexibility given the nature of our business. Some nights and weekends will be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and – most importantly - examples of your work to:
Beasley Media Group, LLC
Attn: Human Resources -98.5 The Sports Hub
98.5 The Sports Hub
55 Morrissey Blvd.
Dorchester, MA 02125
Beasley Media Group, LLC is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer