Senior Commercial Producer
Posted on 2018-03-15
By KRQE-TV New Mexico Fox KBIM-TV KREZ-TV Nexstar
The KRQE Media Group is looking for an experienced senior commercial producer. This person will be responsible for the development of cutting edge commercial spots from concept to completion. Creative scripting, shooting and non-linear editing experience is a must.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creatively write, shoot, and edit content to tell compelling stories
- Collaborate with creative team and project stakeholders to produce videos and digital content that are on-brand and drive results
- Coordinate asset and information exchange, take meeting notes
- Possess a strong understanding of fundamental design, a strong sense of color, typography, and composition
- Maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles while employing strong client service skills
- Coordinate production, including working with clients, account executives, agencies, as well as planning location(s), talent, music, voice-over and reserving any other technical pieces (camera’s, vehicles, etc.) needed for project
- Interpreting the clients business needs; developing design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues
- Meet all deadlines, fulfill scheduling commitments and consistently achieve quick turnarounds in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Perform other duties, as directed by management
- Manage video equipment and software needs
- Minimum 5-7 years commercial and/or promotion experience, or college degree preferred
- Extensive shooting and scripting of both short and long form spots from concept to
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- Broad understanding of marketing and design
- Advanced knowledge of High-definition (HD) cameras and videography, motion graphics and proper lighting techniques
- Exhibit advanced editing expertise
- A passion to stay up-to-date on production trends and continually strive to push boundaries
- Live, multi-camera production and microwave truck experience preferred
- Software skills required include Adobe CC Suite production package including; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition and Media Encoder
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to routinely lift, carry and move equipment in excess of 40 lbs.
- High stress office environment with deadline pressures.
- Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
- Capacity to handle physical shoot demands including kneeling, squatting, climbing on structures as needed to capture the best shoot angle.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Occasional weekends, evenings, and holiday shifts will be required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as some travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station.
HOW TO APPLY:
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To apply submit your resume online at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/7504
The application deadline is open until the position has been filled.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer