KSRM Radio Group, News Reporter
Posted on 2018-02-22
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KSRM Inc. is a conservative privately-owned radio group on the Kenai Peninsula, comprising four FM music stations and two AM talk stations. We are an ABC affiliate, covering the central peninsula from Nikiski south to Kasilof and east to Seward. Known for world-class fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities, the Kenai Peninsula is a thriving community facing a diverse range of issues.
Classification: Regular full time. Salary Range: DOE.
General Job Duties
1) Prepare and deliver scheduled newscasts
2) Prepare news stories on a variety of issues relevant to the Kenai Peninsula, as assigned by the News Director.
Primary topics include: oil & gas, local government, education, healthcare, and business
3) Conduct interviews and produce news stories for daily newscasts
4) Prepare news content, including images, audio files, and text, for use on KSRM and partner websites and for social media
5) Substitute/fill-in when the News Director is absent
6) Produce public announcements as needed
7) Attend staff meetings and events
8) Conduct live emergency broadcasts as needed; i.e. severe weather, wildfires, road closures, aviation accidents, etc.
9) Other duties as assigned
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/Communications/similar preferred
2) At least one year radio and/or other relevant experience
3) Excellent announcing and production skills; attention to detail
4) Excellent computer skills, preferred experience with Microsoft Word, Adobe Audition, and WordPress
5) Familiarity with radio automation operations, particularly Profit NexGen Digital Broadcast
6) Excellent interpersonal communication and team skills
7) Ability to maintain flexible work schedule including early mornings and/or evenings; may include holidays and weekends
Supervision: This position reports directly to the News Director and works closely with the Program Director
HOW TO APPLY:
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, references, and three work samples (including audio and scripts) to: Jennifer Williams, News Director at: email@example.com Attn: News Director / HR, or mail to 40960 K Beach Road, Kenai, Alaska 99611, Attn: News Director / HR.
This position is open until filled. Application materials will be reviewed as they arrive. KSRM Radio Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer