Multi Media Journalist
Posted on 2018-02-22
By Local 22 and Local 44 Nexstar Media Group
Local 22 (WVNY) & Local 44 (WFFF) covering the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market is looking for a multimedia journalist/reporter.
You will set-up, shoot, write, and edit your pieces, which will appear in newscasts on Local 44 (WFFF), Local 22 (WVNY) as well as myChamplainValley.com.
Essential duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Proficiency with broadcast cameras and non-linear editing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when
- Superior on-air presence.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #: 7613
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer