Posted on 2018-02-21
By WWLP-TV NexStar
WWLP-22News, (NBC), has a full-time opening for a multi-media journalist.
The candidate will be responsible for research, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for multiple platforms. Some of the principal duties and responsibilities include:
* Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
* Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
* Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
* Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Conflict management.
* Detail oriented.
* Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
* Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
* Operation of camera, camera equipment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs.
* High stress environment with deadline pressures.
* Travel will be required on a regular basis; work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures.
* A valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record are required.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Bachelors degree in Journalism required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education), 3+ years experience as a multi-platform journalist.
HOW TO APPLY:
TELEPHONE: No calls please.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer