Posted on 2018-02-20
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
News4Utah is seeking a full time Graphic Artist to maintain a consistent design direction for on-air broadcast and digital media platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design a variety of graphics for daily news, on set graphics, production graphics, animations and some online materials.
· Work with producers, reporters, directors, and production staff to create a professional look and maintain accuracy in all graphics.
· Conceive, create and execute creative solutions.
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
· Seeking candidates with design and animation skills.
· Highly organized and detailed oriented.
· Excellent grammar and spelling.
· Ability to think conceptually and communicate effectively.
· Ability to work independently and as a team.
· Highly motivated to learn and progress beyond the basic job requirements.
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
· Bachelor’s or Associate degree in graphic design, motion design, or a related field, or equivalent experience. Broadcast television experience a plus but not required.
· Thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects preferred. Extensive training bill be provided for computer graphics equipment and other software for placing graphics on-air.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
· Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
· In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and can handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Nexstar is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. We are not able to acknowledge receipts of applications but we will contact you if your application is chosen.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer