Multi Media Journalist
Posted on 2018-02-20
By KXMA / KXMB / KXMC / KXMD Nexstar Broadcasting Group
KX News in Bismarck, North Dakota is looking for a multimedia Journalist / Reporter. You will set-up, shoot, write and edit your pieces, which will appear in newscasts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include ~ (but are not limited too):
- Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community.
- Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
- Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Will train
This Position Requires ~
- Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Proficiency with broadcast cameras and editing software.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer