Digital News producer
Posted on 2018-02-20
By Local 22 and Local 44 Nexstar Media Group
WFFF-TV and WVNY-TV, the FOX and ABC affiliates covering Vermont, Northern New York, and Southern New Hampshire, are looking for a Digital News Producer. We want someone with a keen sense of news judgment and a good grasp on what gets conversations going with our viewers. The primary roles will be generating content for on-line publication and engaging with viewers via social media. The right person will be creative, motivated, hard-working, forward thinking, aggressive and a team player.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as the key editorial leader for news content on digital platforms.
- Manages digital, mobile, and social properties while contributing to and executing a strategy for growth.
- Writes stories and posts videos for websites, apps, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Works with producers to ensure digital content is integrated into newscasts.
Acts as a liaison between the digital team and other areas of the stations, including news, promotions, and sales.
- Oversees the digital contributions from other staff members, and provides guidance to help improve their work.
- Builds special sections for websites and apps using content management systems.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites, as well as by email and phone.
Maintains accuracy and integrity in news products delivered.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Journalism, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in a digital role in a television newsroom preferred.
- Knowledge of content management systems, HTML, CSS and Google Analytics preferred.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling, and ability to write interesting, understandable copy
Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #: 7536
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer