Director of Engineering
Posted on 2018-02-09
By KAB Kansas Association of Broadcasters
Come be the technical leader of our thriving public radio station in Wichita, Kansas. The station is in a historic structure in Old Town, the heart of downtown. Dozens of restaurants, shops, museums, clubs and breweries are within walking distance, along with live music and public art around each corner.
KMUW-FM, Wichita is looking for a Chief Engineer who is a collaborative thinker to work closely with the General Manager and Director of Content. This position will oversee the daily technical broadcast and IT operations. The Chief Engineer is responsible for keeping abreast of changing technologies and upgrades. In addition, the role includes maintenance of the newly built station facilities.
KMUW is a service of Wichita State University. Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran. Retaliation against an individual filing or cooperating in a complaint process is also prohibited. Sexual misconduct, relationship violence and stalking are forms of sex discrimination and are prohibited under Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972. Complaints or concerns related to alleged discrimination may be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity or the Title IX Coordinator, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita KS 67260-0138; telephone (316) 978-3187.
Proposed job duties:
* Maintain and repair radio transmitters and associated equipment
* Maintain and repair radio studio equipment, satellite downlink, audio editing, and automation systems for nine broadcast studios.
* IT support for audio production, office, traffic system, automation, web services, and fundraising software.
* Design and implement new technology for support of station and represent KMUW at the national level for technical matters.
* Record, mix, and edit live events, including concerts and panel discussions.
Minimum experience requirements:
* Technical skills in the areas of troubleshooting, maintenance, installation and operation of broadcast and production equipment, including computing, audio processing, STL, Internet and RF transmission equipment.
* Computer set up and installation experience, digital audio skills including an understanding of digital sound file acquisition, delivery and storage, computer networking, configuration and setup.
* Knowledge of analog and digital FM RF plants, including planning, building, maintenance and testing, and strong working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuit design.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer