Director of Accounting
Posted on 2017-12-05
By KOBI-TV NBC 5/KOTI-TV NBC 2
Director of Accounting for California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc. (KOBI-TV NBC5 in Medford, OR, KOTI-TV NBC2 in Klamath Falls, OR, KLSR-TV Fox in Eugene, OR and KEVU-TV Independent in Eugene, OR, and 50% KPIC-TV CBS in Roseburg, OR.)
We are looking for an experienced Director of Accounting to join our team. Candidate is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including Credit, A/R and A/P. He or she is also responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies.
Our benefits package includes medical, optional dental, a 401k retirement plan, paid sick leave, short-term disability, life insurance, optional FSA, paid vacations and paid holidays. The company pays the majority of the health care premium.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job duties include:
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, and balance sheet management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Assist staff members with benefit enrollment processes.
· Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
· Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
· Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting, required.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory
An insurable driving record and a passable drug screen are pre-employment requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, please send your cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF format only) via email or to the physical address listed below:
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2
Human Resources Director
125 S. Fir St.
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
· The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
· The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
· Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer