KNOM-AM/FM, Program Director
Posted on 2017-12-01
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Position: Program Director
Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week, Exempt
Summary: The Program Director coordinates all KNOM’s programming, ensuring all music,
PSAs, and programs are consistent with KNOM’s Catholic mission and are presented creatively, professionally, and sustainably. The Program Director is the supervisor of all KNOM’s on-air talent, including staff, volunteer fellows, and community DJs.
KNOM Radio Mission broadcasts faith, inspiration, news, and education to thousands of listeners across the remote region of Western Alaska: from the Yukon Delta to the Bering Strait and throughout the villages and rural stretches of the Alaskan Bush. Operating as the oldest Catholic radio station in the country, KNOM values being a friend and companion, providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals.
Brief Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise all non-news production activities including selection, production, and rotation
of KNOM inspirational/educational PSAs, produced shows, and music library.
• Train, coach, and coordinate scheduling for all on-air talent and volunteer fellows.
• Manage RCS digital software, including generating and maintaining daily log activity,
scheduler, and software updates.
• Outreach to Western Alaska region to improve cultural and local connections with
programming, such as with students and elders and through travel to communities.
• Collaborate with KNOM Spiritual Director to enhance Catholic programming.
• Some evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. 5 years professional broadcasting experience preferred.
3. Experience with audio production utilizing Adobe Audition and ZETTA software.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as a team with a small core of staff and volunteers.
5. Ability to learn operation of all broadcast equipment in the KNOM station building.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a complete cover letter and resume to:
Margaret A. DeMaioribus, KNOM General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
KNOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer