Show Host, Promotions
Posted on 2017-11-21
By SC Broadcasters Association
Nexstar Broadcasting and WCBD, its NBC Affiliate station in
beautiful Charleston, SC, are looking for an on-air talent to host and
oversee production of taped, look live entertainment segments. This is a
part-time position requiring the Host to plan, produce and
direct each segment from concept to the finished on air product.
- Co-hosting or providing daily on camera contributions to a daily television show.
- Assisting EP with writing show segments.
- Interviewing show guests/clients both in studio and on location.
- Collecting information, video or photos at remote locations for post production.
- Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations.
- Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with EP.
- Attending daily show meeting.
- Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients.
- Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show.
- Maintaining a show social media account and assist with all online content as directed by the EP.
Position will work closely with various departments. Requirements
include the ability to work with ENPS and a teleprompter, as well as
have an understanding of live to tape video production in a news
environment. Minimum of three years on-air reporting and/or anchoring
experience, along with superior ad-lib interviewing skills, are also
This position reports to the Promotions Director. This part time position (29 hours per week)
involves writing and hosting a local television show and accompanying
digital components. This show will include both paid and non-paid segments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check and MVR are required, must have
good driving record and valid Drivers License.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #:6821
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer