Posted on 2017-10-30
By CareerPage CareerPage
WXIN/WTTV a Tribune Broadcasting station has an opening for a Media Coordinator to work in our Indianapolis Regional Operating Center.
The Media Coordinator performs a variety of tasks related to the preparation of material for on-air playback via an automation system; supporting a 24/7 TV broadcast company.
- Train and maintain knowledge of Master Control Operations and automation system used
- Acquire and verify all shows, commercials and other materials are ready for air on all stations. Research and contact appropriate sources for missing material
- Prep duties will include syndicated programs, movies, and paid programs
- Collaborate and work effectively with various station Traffic departments and master control HUB
- Responsible for maintaining the CompuSat database and scheduling of recordings
- Maintain files and storage space on video server hard drives
- Utilize knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations governing television broadcasters including EAS requirements, logging closed captioning and compliance with the FCC Children’s Television Act to ensure stations remain compliant
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in telecommunications preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2 years’ experience in Master Control required
- Experience in a master control HUB preferred
- Knowledge of automation systems preferred
- Ability to use IT-based equipment in a broadcast environment
- Previous knowledge/experience of content delivery systems, IP-based equipment, and Audio/Video monitoring gear.
- Should be experienced with CompuSat and/or RF and satellite reception equipment, and have experience and understanding of satellite feeds.
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to problem-solve
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, holidays and weekends
WXIN is an equal opportunity employer
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer