Director of Engineering, Boston
Posted on 2017-10-20
By WBZ-FM, WKLB-FM, WROR-FM, WBOS-FM, WBQT-FM Beasley Media Group
A rare opportunity is available to join a major market radio engineering team to work with some of the newest state of the art technology at Boston’s Beasley Media Group. Beasley Media Group is looking for a Director of Engineering in Boston for our (5) FM’s and (1) AM + Translator. Duties include but are not limited to studio and transmitter maintenance and construction, as well as troubleshooting advanced RF Systems, and audio routing systems. The ideal candidate will be successful in working well with the staff, thinking clearly under pressure, and applying creative solutions in a timely matter.
Applicants must have at least a two-year electronics degree with the ability to maintain radio studios and AM and FM transmitter sites.
· At least 5 years radio experience as a Chief Engineer or Director of Engineering;
· Ability to communicate issues with upper management while managing staff, maintenance, emergencies, capital projects;
· Must ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations;
· AM/FM experience;
· Knowledge of RF Systems and RF troubleshooting skills;
· Knowledge of AudioVault or Wide Orbit automation a plus;
· Experience with radio studio construction and maintenance;
· Some IT experience is preferred;
· Must be willing and available to work off hours and provide after-hours on call support;
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, climb a ladder and provide general building and grounds maintenance as needed;
· Must have a valid state-issued driver’s license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
· SBE Certification a plus;
· Strong communication skills
· Strong manager of people
· Great organizational skills and project management
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to: Techjobs@bbgi.com
Please specify which Tech Job you are applying for.
Beasley Media Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer