Senior IT Administrator
Posted on 2017-10-18
By NHPR New Hampshire Public Radio, Inc.
New Hampshire Public Radio is seeking an experienced network and systems administrator to join our technology team.
The Senior IT Administrator will be responsible for the identification, evaluation, specification, administration, maintenance and repair of computer hardware and software systems necessary to support the operations of New Hampshire Public Radio. The position reports to the Director of Technology.
- Manage Microsoft Server and desktop operating systems including AD, DFS, TS, SharePoint, print and application servers.
- Manage VMware virtual environment.
Support EMC VNX production storage and Synology/Unitrends backup technology.
- Cisco LAN and Wi-Fi infrastructure management.
- Office 365 Production Suite support.
- Support firewall and other security systems.
- Work with departments to identify, evaluate, recommend and implement current and emerging technology needed to strengthen station operations.
- Lead the assessment, specification and implementation of hardware, software and network solutions.
- Provide user and systems support as part of a rotating on-call 24/7/365 support structure.
- Develop and/or maintain department procedures including work orders and documentation for software and hardware.
- Manage telecommunications and messaging systems including the in-house PBX and external connectivity.
- Work with technology team to support IP-based broadcast equipment and infrastructure; training provided.
- Assist in developing and maintaining system disaster recovery plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and five years of relevant experience or Associates degree and 10 years of relevant experience including in administration of Local and Wide Area Networks and with a variety of hardware and software applications.
- Extensive experience with multi-site server virtualization technologies including multi-host clusters and shared high-performance storage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer networking.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft PowerShell, SolarWinds or WhatsUp Gold-type tool sets, network bandwidth utilization monitoring devices and other common IT Pro tools.
Hands-on experience with firewalls, VMware virtualization, backup and replication systems and SAN architectures.
- Record of providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Microsoft MCSE, CISCO or similar certifications preferred.
- User group participation a big plus.
- Previous experience in a broadcast environment preferred.
- A valid drivers license and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at nhpr.org
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer