Executive Producer - 36694BR
Posted on 2017-10-09
By KDEN Telemundo Telemundo
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 20 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 7,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves Spanish-speaking viewers in the metropolitan areas of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, San Antonio, Phoenix, Harlingen, Fresno, Denver, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Boston, Tucson, Washington, DC, Conneticut and Puerto Rico. In Addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, the national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 53 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
• Write newscasts, assist in creating rundowns and coordinate all elements needed to provide content for a one-hour show.
• Review rundown format and check for grammar mistakes.
• Assist News Director in several projects such as: Sweeps, Special Coverage, and Weekly Franchises.
• Available to work nights and weekends.
• Cover for producers when they are not available and/or vacations.
• Direct and in constant communication with News Director.
• Lead producers in targeting audience and promoting newscasts.
• Lead the delivery of scripts and video in a fast paced deadline driven environment
• Support Web/Mobile and Social Media platforms as needed.
• Candidate must be highly flexible and comfortable multi-tasking.
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Desire to explore and create new content avenues and models.
• Non-linear editing experience
• Knowledge of I-News.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.
• Great skills timing the show and ability to overcome unforeseen challenges while on air.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure; off or on the air.
• Strong news judgment and journalistic skills a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills: Must be energetic, motivated and work well with others
• Team player.
• Proactive thinker/self-starter.
• Detail oriented.
• Quick thinker.
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and interpersonal.
• Knowledge of digital and new media platforms and integration (Web, Mobile, Social Media).
• Strong command and understanding of APC Systems (Automated Production Control Systems).
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
• Minimum of 5 years experience of writing / producing live television news broadcasts utilizing strong writing skills and solid editorial judgment.
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends and evenings.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com .
• Ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish.
• Ability to understand and communicate in English.
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado.
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com - 36694BR
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer