Digital Content Producer
Posted on 2017-09-18
By KUSI-TV KUSI 9 News
San Diego, CA
KUSI 9 News is looking for a qualified Digital Content Producer to fill our part-time position. Must be willing to work weekends.
Producing content for publication to the company website and social media platforms. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Updating the website with content
- Posting content to social media sites
- Proofreading and editing all content posted to the web to ensure the writing style is appropriate (AP style).
- Organizing and executing events, news stories, contests, etc., with the Promotions department.
- Conducting and maintaining databases and distributing the information for email blasts and e-newsletters
- Proactively offering ideas for improvements.
- Will be assisting producers in getting the daily broadcast on and off the air with minimum amount of problems.
- Will tear and distribute scripts to news and production crew, log new tapes for news stories, locate file video requested by producers or reporters, help maintain video library, write teases and stories, other duties as assigned by producers.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field. 2 years of professional writing experience, knowledge of AP style writing, demonstrated excellence in writing, editing and proofreading. Must have working knowledge of the Internet and social media platforms, ability to take direction from management and create an actionable plan for execution. Must be detail oriented and have excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply for the positon on our Website at www.kusi.com, click on “Only on KUSI” and then go to “Current Job Opportunities”. Don’t forget to attach your resume to your On-line Application. Once we have had a chance to review your application we will be in touch with you should we have any questions regarding your application and qualifications for the position.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer