Posted on 2017-08-07
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The News Photographer/Editor operates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Shoots video for news reports.
2. Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements.
3. Sets up, composes and executes video shots.
4. Maintains video equipment.
5. Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content.
6. Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
1. High School diploma, but a college degree in a related field preferred.
2. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
3. Minimum two years’ experience operating video recording equipment. (More for larger markets and less for smaller markets.)
4. Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
5. Proficiency with video recording equipment.
6. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
7. Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Photographer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, The News Photographer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer