KTVF-TV, Master Control Operator
Posted on 2017-06-27
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTVF seeks a detail oriented Television Broadcast Operator to join our team. The Operator controls broadcast automation equipment to deliver and monitor on-air television programs.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Operates video and audio switching/routing equipment to deliver programs, station breaks, and announcements on-air according to pre-established program logs.
• Makes programming changes according to established guidelines in the event of program discrepancies or emergencies.
• Records all programming discrepancies in detailed station Discrepancy Reports.
• Records all programming changes in station program log.
• Monitors transmitter operation and reports deviations or malfunctions.
• May perform related duties as assigned.
• Ability to learn the operation of broadcast automation equipment for television broadcast.
• Ability to learn television terminology and procedures.
• Must be able to make rapid mathematical calculations.
• Basic computer literacy as well as typing/keyboarding 15 to 30 words per minute.
• Must be able to keep detailed records.
• Ability to perform tasks while under pressure to maintain deadlines.
• Ability to make program change decisions independently, according to established guidelines.
• Ability to deal tactfully with co-workers and the public.
Knowledge of broadcast automation is a plus!
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please go to: https://gray.tv/applynow
Gray TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer