Broadcast Producer Mgr (Engineering/Specially Funded
Posted on 2017-06-15
By KJZZ / KBAQ FM Maricopa County Community College District
Provides broadcast engineering services for the stations, studios, remote production operations, planning, maintenance and emergency services for KJZZ, KBAQ and Sun Sounds of Arizona. Works with Chief Engineer to identify and complete work, understands the scope, nature and importance of work assigned and make progress without excessive supervision, demonstrates a willingness to think through problems and work barriers to achieve goals and follow-up work in order to achieve priority objectives.
70% - Assures the quality of the digital audio signals originating from the studios/control rooms and the routing/transmission of these signals; maintains services and maintenance of all equipment in radio studios, control rooms and/or editing suites; carries out improvements and upgrades when directed; is responsible for the testing and maintenance of both field production and studio production gear, including both electronic and non-electronic
15% - Works with Chief Engineer; monitors the stations to ensure that technical performance meets the standards of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and the Maricopa Community Colleges; maintains and certifies engineering logs and other records required by the FCC; maintains property control files and records
15% - Assists with the technical aspects of transmitter/translator operations and SCA operations; maintains liaison with NPR with regards to satellite and other network considerations
1. - Associates degree in Electronics Technology or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience at a broadcasting facility working in the technical area of studio, transmitter, and maintenance at a broadcast station
2. - Three (3) years experience in configuration, operation and maintenance of Broadcast Automation systems such as Wide Orbit or a related product or system
3. - Experience in installing and maintaining high power broadcast transmission equipment, maintaining broadcast (audio and video) digital systems and technologies such as switchers, audio mixers, routers, distribution systems, nonlinear edit systems
4. - Experience with Microsoft Windows Domain operating systems in a broadcast environment related to Information Technology infrastructures, computer networking, audio playback over IP network, audio server and off site storage
1. - Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations, telecommunication laws related to broadcast station operation and compliance
2. - Field maintenance and troubleshooting experience with FM translators, both over the air and alternative delivery methods, such as microwave and satellite systems
3. - Recent experience working with high power combined FM transmitters, "HD Radio transmitters", 950MHz. STL/ICR, on air analog and digital studio consoles, audio over IP digital routing systems, voice over IP digital telephone systems for broadcast use, audio processing equipment in an on air studio system, 5.8 GHz STL, studio and remote control systems. Experience with ISDN, Comrex and T-1 Telco interfaces is a plus
4. - Society of Broadcast Engineers certification
Special Working Conditions
May require lifting up to 50 lbs; may require travel and occasional weekend/evening work; required to take rotating on-call duties due to 24 hours 7 days/wk broadcast operations; may require climbing on step-stools, ladders and other necessary equipment; may require work above the ceiling or under raised flooring; requires work around high voltage equipment; possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Drivers License is required; employee must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, and name of employer for each position.
Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Apply on or before July 13, 2017 to be considered in the applicant pool.
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer