Posted on 2017-06-05
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
The Traffic Coordinator tracks and prepares logs for scheduled programming and advertisements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares daily program log by obtaining information such as source, location and length of programs.
- Calculates exact length of programs and time slots available.
- Coordinates with other departments to solve logistical problems in coordination of on-air commercial and station programming.
- Manage National/Local Continuity, working with sales department and agencies to ensure commercial schedules air correctly and to maximize revenue.
- Performs clerical functions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- High School diploma.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum one years experience in clerical support or administrative assistance.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
- Previous media experience preferred but not required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Traffic Coordinator must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Traffic Coordinator must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Traffic Coordinator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
HOW TO APPLY:
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO AOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS. WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer