Posted on 2017-06-01
By WVIZ/PBS, WCPN 90.3, 104.9 WCLV ideastream
A multiple media producer is needed to create segments and programs for educational and general audiences. Duties include researching topics and stories, writing scripts, organizing field and studio productions, non-linear editing, collaborating with educators and technical staff. The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller aware of critical issues, trends and leadership in education and the community.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Under the direction of a Managing Producer
- Plan, organize and coordinate all aspects of multiple media productions and production elements. May include pitching story, segment and show ideas and proposals, researching, field producing, production design, and budgeting. Includes but not limited to:
- Determine content and treatment.
- Perform creative enterprise: research, write, assemble and/or edit scripts/stories. Write promos, teases and intros to reports and interviews.
- Conduct interviews or pre-interviews; book talent or guests, direct talent performance.
- Direct and/or perform the gathering, editing and mixing of audio and/or video/visuals using digital recording and editing equipment.
- Operate on-air and production equipment
- Gather and post content for use on web and social media.
- May voice reports for radio and appear on TV
- May include supporting and coaching host/reporter performance.
- Prepare and present program and project reports, keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Establish and maintain productive work atmosphere and ensure team is working together.
- Maintain meaningful program related relationships with regional, state and national sources
- Participate in on-air fundraising as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated skills in multiple media production required: writing, videography, editing required including skills in non-linear video editing, audio editing and basic web/social media.
- Demonstrated experience practicing sound journalistic standards. Awareness of critical community issues, trends, and leadership.
- General business know-how including supervisory and problem solving skills. Demonstrated creative ability across a broad range of formats, styles and media.
- Adept at research, story and show planning, writing and development.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize in a high pressure environment, and successfully complete assignments on deadline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated conflict resolution skills. Ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies of public broadcasting. Ability to use computers to enter, access and retrieve data. Use word processing software.
- Multiple media (especially digital) and on-air host experience preferred.
- Experience producing high quality content for television, radio and web strongly preferred. Instructional design or experience in creating media for students/ teachers/classroom uses a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic commtion devices.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer